How to reach Levico Terme
Hotel Al Sorriso Greenpark
Via Lungo Lago Segantini 14
I- 38056 Levico Terme (TN) Italy
Phone: +39 0461 707029
The Hotel Al Sorriso is situated along the Levico Lake, at about 2.5 km from the Levico Terme Railway Station. If you arrive by car leave the S.S. 47 at Levico Terme and take the SP 1 towards Levico Terme city center. After 0.4 km turn left into Traversa Lido and then take Via Segantini.
Levico Terme is located about 20 km from Trento, along the Valsugana road (Strada Statale SS n. 47) that connects Trento to Padova and Venice. You can reach Levico Terme from Trento by train, by bus or by taxi.
Levico Terme can be reached directly by train from Trento and Venice. Two main train lines reach Trento: the Brennero line (connecting to Verona and Rome towards south and to Innsbruck, Munich and northern Europe towards north) and the Valsugana line towards Venice. Levico Terme train station is along the Valsugana line.
• The journey from Trento to Levico Terme lasts about 45 minutes and the last train leaves at 21:11, see the Timetables (17KB).
• The journey from Venice to Levico Terme via the Valsugana line lasts about 2-3 hours and the last train leaves around 8pm, see the Timetables (22KB). Alternatively you can travel via Verona and Trento.
Further information on railway connections can be found in the Italian railways website or the German railways.
Levico Terme can be also reached by local buses from Trento Coach Station (about 50 meters on the right side from Trento Railway Station). Buses are about every 40 min on week days and the journey takes about 1 hour.
The taxi fare from Trento to Levico Terme is about 40,00 Euro
- Coming from Northern Europe: Take the motorway A22 Brennero-Modena and exit at Trento Centro. Then take the national road (strada statale) SS n. 47 and follow the signs for Padova-Venezia (the Valsugana highway). After about 20 km exit at Levico Terme.
- Coming from Milan and Western Europe: Take the motorway A4 Milano-Venezia and at Verona follow the signs for the A22 Brennero-Modena towards Brennero. Exit the motorway at Trento Centro and then continue as above.
- Coming from the South: take the motorway A22 Brennero-Modena and exit at Trento Centro.
- Coming from Venice and Eastern Europe: take the motorway A4 Venezia-Milano and at Verona follow the signs for the A22 Brennero-Modena towards Brennero. Exit the motorway at Trento Centro and then continue as above. Alternatively you can exit the A4 motorway at Padova Ovest and take the SP 47. Close to Cittadella take the SS 47 towards Bassano del Grappa and Trento. Follow the SS 47 for about 85 km and exit at Levico Terme.
The nearest airports to Trento – in order of proximity – are: Verona (90 km), Venice (150 km), Bergamo (180 km) and Milan (210 km). The smaller airports of Brescia (135 km) and Treviso (140 km) are serviced by low costs airlines and offer flights to London Stansted (UK), Frankfurt-Hahn (Germany), Girona (Spain) and Charleroi (Belgium). The small Bolzano Airport (50 km) is connected to the airports of Rome Fiumicino and Milan Malpensa by daily flights.
From the Verona Airport (Valerio Catullo) there are buses every 20 minutes to Verona Porta Nuova Railway Station. The bus ride lasts about 15 minutes. From Verona Station take a train to Trento (train journey lasts about 50 minutes) and change at Trento for Levico Terme.
The Venice Airport (Marco Polo) is connected to the nearby railway stations of Venezia-S. Lucia and Venezia-Mestre by scheduled bus services and by motor-boats. Details can be found on the airport web site. From Venice Stations you can reach Trento via Verona or go directly to Levico Terme via the Valsugana railway line.
If you intend to spend some days in Venice here are some useful websites on Accommodation in Venice:
The Malpensa Airport in Milan is about 50 km north-west of Milan and is connected to Milan Central Station by train and by bus. Details can be found on the airport web site. Trains form Milan to Trento are relatively frequent and take about 3 hours. There is also a bus service to Verona Railway station: advanced booking is necessary and can be made on-line at the web site. Estimated journey time is about 2h and 30 minutes.
The Linate Airport in Milan is about 7 km from Milan city center. The airport is connected to Milan Central Station by bus and details can be found on the airport web site. Trains form Milan to Trento are relatively frequent and take about 3 hours. There is also a bus service to Verona Railway station: advanced booking is necessary and can be made on-line at the web site. Estimated journey time is about 2 hours.
The Bergamo Airport (Orio al Serio) is connected to Verona Porta Nuova Railway station by a bus service. Advanced booking is necessary and can be made on-line at the web site. Estimated journey time is about 90 minutes.
The airport is also connected to Milan Central Station by scheduled bus services from the following companies: Terravision, Autostradale and Zani. Estimated journey time is about 60 minutes.
The D’Annunzio Airport at Brescia Montichiari is connected to London Stansted Airport by Ryan Air. There are buses to Verona Porta Nuova Railway Station (Shuttle bus n. 1, journey time about 45 min) and to Brescia Railway Station (Shuttle bus n. 24, journey time about 25 min). Timetables vary according to Ryan Air flight times and prices can be found at www.cgabrescia.it
The Treviso Airport is connected by bus to Venezia-Mestre railway station and to Venezia P.le Roma Coach Station. The bus ride lasts about 45 mins.
Useful links and phone numbers
Railways Italian Railways - FS Trenitalia
National Call Center
+39 892021 (from fixed phones)
+39 199166177 (from mobiles)
German Railways – Die Bahn
Routeplanners and motorways
Italian Motorway system (Autostrade per l’Italia)
Brennero Motorway (Autostrada del Brennero)
Some low cost airlines
Air Berlin (flights to Bergamo)
Easy Jet (flights to Milan and Venice)
Hapag-Lloyd (flights to Venice and Bergamo)
Myair (flights to Bergamo and Venice)
Ryan Air (flights to Brescia, Bergamo and Treviso)
Transavia (flights to Verona, Bergamo and Treviso)
German Wings (flights to Verona and Milan)
Search engine for low cost airlines
Radio Taxi Trento (+39 0461 930002)